Skip to ContentSkip to Footer
green card visa and social security cards

Removal Of Conditions

Shoreline Immigration lawyers are avaliable to to help you with removal of conditions filings. Contact our immigration office today!

Talk To A Lawyer

What is Removal Of Conditions?

If you are married to a United States citizen and were granted a conditional permanent resident status, the next step is to file for a removal of conditions. A conditional permanent resident card lasts for only 2 years and is meant to deter immigration fraud. During this two-year period, you are expected to establish that you have entered into a genuine marriage, and not for immigration benefits. Once this period is close to expiring, it will be necessary to file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence and prove that your marriage is bona fide.

Click the category below to learn more about:

Do you need to speak with a Removal Of Conditions attorney?

If you and a spouse are are marriage-based green card holder and would like to explore removal of conditions, Contact the Shoreline Immigration law office to explore your options today!

Contact Us Today!

Removal Of Conditions FAQs?

Call us, we have the answers!

If you have continuously resided in the U.S. for three years and lived in marital union with your spouse for at least those three years, you may be eligible to apply for naturalization. An immigration attorney can help determine your eligibility and help process your case.

If you lose your conditional green card, it is best to contact a qualified immigration attorney. The time at which you lost your green card (either at the beginning of receiving the conditional green card or closer to the expiration date) will determine what steps need to be taken. An immigration attorney can help advise you on what course of action to take.

You should contact USCIS and notify them of the divorce as soon as it is finalized. They may request additional documentation regarding the validity of the marriage and the ensuing divorce. Contacting an immigration attorney is also recommended to ensure that you provide the correct documentation and information.