Skip to ContentSkip to Footer
woman holding hand up in the air in excitement during sunset


Are you a vicitm of human trafficing? Shoreline Immigration Lawyers are standing by to answer any questions you have about T Visas.

Talk To A Lawyer

What is a T-Visa?

In October 2000, Congress created the T visa under the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act. T visas are similar to U visas in that they help victims of crimes gain non-immigrant status in the United States. T visas, however, are specifically targeted at victims of human trafficking. The T visa provides protection and assistance for victims by allowing them to remain in the U.S. and receive benefits not afforded to most visa recipients. Furthermore, the creation of the T visa has provided additional resources for law enforcement officials in their investigations and prosecution of human trafficking crimes.

Click the T-Visa category below to learn more about:

Do you need to speak with a T-Visa lawyer?

You may be eligible for a T visa.Contact one of our experienced immigration lawyers for more information and to assist you in your claim.

Contact Us Today!

T-Visa Frequently Asked Questions

Call us, we have the answers!

No, but it is recommended that this is included. This will provide additional evidence of your victimization and your cooperation with law enforcement. Contact an immigration attorney if you have questions or concerns about providing this document.

UCIS states that the “Any federal, state, tribal, territorial, or local law enforcement agency, prosecutor, judge, labor agency, children’s protective services agency, or other authority that has responsibility to detect, investigate, or prosecute acts of trafficking, or convict or sentence the trafficker.”

Yes, you may list a “safe address” on your application. If you change your mailing address after you filed for T nonimmigrant status, you can inform USCIS at that time.